Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Song for 06.10.09

Hello and good evening and all that. As you can see, the song of the day has already run straight off it's track. That didn't take long. Probably the shortest daily effort ever. Well, I guess I got a reason for that (besides pure laziness)- and that is that I think 3 songs a week would be better than one everyday. Going off the model set up by the turntable lab's thrice-a-week newsletters. They're the best part of my inbox.

So yes, 3x/week. And yes, Laziness. But there's a bonus involved in this new program- a 3-part genre system. Mondays I'll post whatever helps get through a Monday (R&B if I need a boost, something international if I remained somewhat sober over the weekend and have an open mind, etc.), Wednesdays will be Indie Wendy's, and Fridays will be Old School Fridays (I know, not original at all- but if it ain't broke don't fix it. Just get it together for the weekend).


So here's the first Indie Wendy track.

Cannibal Resource by the Dirty Projectors. Released yesterday on Domino Records.

No comments:

 
 
Copyright © Brodsky Beat
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes